Truck Accident Attorney in Scottsdale, Arizona
Accidents involving trucks tend to be more disastrous than those involving cars and other vehicles. Not only are commercial trucks significantly bigger than the average car, but their drivers frequently work long hours with minimal sleep. The end result is that truck accidents tend to be severe, with victims suffering serious injuries, property damage, and emotional distress. The specific challenges surrounding truck accident cases mean that individuals can’t afford to leave anything to chance. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, don’t wait to find a personal injury attorney with experience in this field to represent you.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Truck Accident Case
The stakes in a truck accident case tend to be high. The sheer size of a commercial vehicle means that property damage is often significant. Moreover, those involved in truck accidents often suffer serious injuries that necessitate extensive medical care and time off from work. For this reason, victims need legal representatives with specific experience in the field. Here are some of the best reasons to hire a truck accident lawyer to handle your case:
- They can help establish liability: Identifying liability in a truck accident can be challenging. Depending on the specifics of the case, fault may lie with the truck driver, the other motorist, or even the trucking or cargo company. A number of factors can contribute to a truck accident, including weather conditions, improper cargo loading, and whether or not the driver was sick or fatigued. In some cases, the truck itself could fail due to poor manufacturing or lack of maintenance on the part of the driver. By selecting an experienced truck accident attorney to represent you, you can increase your odds of finding the guilty party and holding them responsible.
- They can deal with your insurance provider: Insurance companies often seek to make quick settlements that aren’t in your best interest. In some cases, they may even pressure accident victims to accept a first offer. Fortunately, a skilled personal injury attorney can help ensure you get the compensation you need and deserve by dealing directly with your insurance company. This allows you to focus on healing physically and emotionally after a crash.
- They know truck law: Trucking companies and drivers have to adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s rules and regulations. A truck accident lawyer is knowledgeable about these standards and will be able to determine whether they were violated.
- They can gather evidence for your case: Experienced accident attorneys know what information is needed to win a truck accident case. Along with collecting eyewitness statements from witnesses, attorneys can assess the driver’s employment history and qualifications. They can also arrange for the commercial vehicle to be inspected and examine the truck’s electronic control module (ECM), or “black box.”
Damages in Truck Accident Cases
Truck accident victims may be entitled to significant damages. Below are the types of compensation typically awarded in these cases:
- Medical bills: The injuries sustained in truck accidents can last a lifetime. These damages are designed to cover the cost of medical treatment in the form of surgeries, medication, doctor visits, and more.
- Lost wages: Accident victims may miss work due to injury or emotional trauma. Additionally, they may have trouble securing gainful employment down the line. This form of damages compensates you for lost wages now and in the future.
- Pain and suffering: While some injuries resolve quickly, others take much longer to heal. Moreover, accident victims may suffer physical and emotional trauma for months or even years after the incident. It’s a personal injury attorney’s job to consider this cost and include it in your settlement.
- Loss of enjoyment: Life often looks different after a serious accident. Not only can injuries and pain prevent you from participating in activities you once loved, but depression and PTSD can affect your ability to enjoy life. Your personal injury lawyer can help you seek damages for this loss.
- Wrongful death: Loss of life is all too common in accidents involving commercial vehicles. If you lost a loved one in a truck crash, the odds are good that you’re now facing medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, along with the costs associated with a funeral and burial. A skilled attorney can help you recover damages in a wrongful death case.
Contact a Scottsdale Accident Attorney
Don’t leave the consequences of your truck accident case to chance. The team at Scottsdale Accident Lawyer has the knowledge and experience to investigate your case and argue on your behalf every step of the way. From establishing fault to recovering your lost wages and medical fees, you can rest assured knowing we’ll be in your corner. For more on what we do, call today or book a consultation online.